Wednesday, August 18, 2004
In about 25 hours, I will have my AS results! I had a nightmare (or premonition) that I would get straight 'F's. Hopefully this will not happen, but I expect to resit one or two RS modules, and perhaps re-submit my Business at Work courcework to get it up to an 'A'.
Media: watched the start of the new Six Feet under series. I don't think it is as good as the original series, but it is very good nonetheless. I am getting a bit worried about Nate, as he had to bring home his wife's gelatinous remains, but at least two 'alternative' couples are happy - the gay couple and the older couple. Is it liberal propaganda? It may be, but in the nicest way - It is good to have a positive light on more 'mature' people who can live their lives freely, paticularly Ruth, who seemed very repressed originally, but has become far more liberated. Great stuff. Also watched 'That'll teach 'em' - A program that sends a group of teenagers who had just finished their GCSE's back to a 1960's education. The voiceover seemed quite sneery about modern education, and perhaps it is just a great big egotrip for the middle aged who despair about modern education. Quite conservative, yet entertaining - particularly a girl called Sophia who was relatively ignorant - not the best name for her.
Read 'Utopia' yesterday, and started on Karen Armstrong's 'Battle for God' on fundamentalism in the three monotheistic traditions
The spellcheck doesn't seem to be working, and so I'll have to come back to edit this later